First district hall constructed in 1860. Architect Thomas Frost designed a new hall behind the first in 1880. In 1936 the original stone portico was removed and all the buildings were refaced in Art Deco style. The old hall was reduced in size and remodelled for public and council uses such as the library and chambers. A picture theatre run by D. Clifford Amusement Ltd was created. Now used by the Department of Education and Children’s Services.