It is a rare example of Federation/Edwardian style in Adelaide. Furthermore, its Arts and Crafts influences were not common in commercial buildings at that time. A feature of this red brick building was the stained glass window made in William Morris & Co.ís workshop thanks to George Brookmanís philanthropy. It was designed by John Henry Dearle with three of the six panels after the designs of pre-Raphaelite artist Edward Burne Jones. It suffered two fires (1930s and 1980s) which led to internal refitting. The Stock Exchange moved in 1991 and the building now houses RiAus, a sister science organisation to the Royal Institution of Great Britain. The western end has been restored to its former 1901 status whilst the eastern end has a more contemporary space (Page: 118; AHPI; RiAus: History of the Science Exchange).